She hates women. All women. Even the nice ones. I think it's because her doctor and nurses are all women, so she's always affraid that even the nice women will stab her with needles... so when we walked into the exam room today, she started crying. She cried when they weighed her. She cried when they measured her head. She stopped for a minute when they took her temperature only because I pretended to be really excited about the awesome thermometer, "Wow Cakes, so pretty! Look at the pretty thermometer!"
After the nurse left she was having a great time running around in her diaper and boots until the doctor came in. Yikes! She was so scared-her whole face was super red from crying. And the bad part was that the doctor needed to examine her legs and hips since she's a bit pidgeon-toed. I had to lay her down on her tummy on the table while the doctor flexed her knees and hips. She started screaming, so I held her down when all of a sudden my arm was stinging. I looked down, and my little Cakes in all her fury BIT ME! She's never ever bit before. At least I know if someone tries to kidnap her she'll give them a bad time, if they're a woman that is. The doctor started telling me how I needed to wash my bite wound out right away with some really strong soap- and all about how bite wounds can be really bad. Great.

So the doctor decided she needs to see a specialist to see if she needs leg braces at night. I'm not looking forward to that visit.
4 comments:
sad! poor baby cakes. and poor julieann. good luck when you go to the specialist.
Rob bit me once while in a similar rage. Something about the singles ward FHE. It hurt.
Yikes! What a sad day! I hope you both heal. And if we get the chance to see Cora again someday, I hope she'll at least like Jeff.
Maybe she was hungry?
Post a Comment