We took a little trip on Saturday to the Betty Brinn Children's Museum. We got free passes since we're so poor and they want us to join their free membership for poor people program (I think it's called Family Focus or something like that). It's a pretty cool place. Here's Cora playing in a sand pit they have. I think it's pretty brave of them to have a sand pit indoors in a toddler area. There was sand everywhere. We told Cakes to smile, so here's what she always does:

By far her favorite part of the museum was the ball area. They have a whole section with tracks for golf balls to go down. She loved that since balls are her favorite toy, but she also had a hard time with getting to the end of the track to retrieve the ball before some other kid took it. She got really sad a couple of times because of that. They also have these ball carts that she liked to push around.

Here's Cakes and Rob playing with some kind of thing. Looking at the picture now, I have no idea what that is.

Here's Cakes playing Mrs. Potato head with her
wasses (glasses).

I also had jury duty this week which was pretty
interesting. I'm
sooo glad I didn't get picked for some kind of serious murder trial since I had to ask my friend
Heather to babysit for two days just for a regular trial. I got picked to go to court in the first round out of the jury pool, and I got picked for that first trial to sit on the jury, so I didn't really even get to read they book I brought and I didn't end up sitting around in the jury pool for very long at all. It was interesting to see how the jury came to a
consensus. I was sure at the beginning that we would never agree, but in the end, we all found the person guilty. I felt bad for them, but after the trial the judge came to talk to us and mentioned that this is the person's 15
th conviction... so he was "no choir boy" as one juror put it. I felt a little better after that and I'm confident we made the right choice.
Yay for America right?
1 comment:
That picture of Cakes smiling... she does it just like Jeff. :)
Crazy jury duty. I've never been requested, but my parents get called ALL the time. They've done some of those nasty trials too.
Post a Comment