We packed up the moving truck in less than 2 hours thanks to help from some people at church. We were really skeptical about fitting all of our stuff into the 17 foot truck, but they made it all fit somehow. Great work guys!
We grabbed some McDonald's lunch and snapped this photo of Cora enjoying her chicken nuggets and playing with the walkie talkies. Soon after the photo Cora dropped her nuggets all over the ground. She was about to cry, so I told her, "It's ok. The birdies will eat them," to cheer her up. Now whenever she drops something (a rock, a piece of paper, anything...) she says, "It's ok. The birds will eat it." It's so funny.

Rob took on the task of driving the U-Haul and Cora and I set off driving the car. I stayed behind Rob so I could help him change lanes and things when we were going through cities since it's pretty much impossible to see next to you while driving those trucks. Once on the drive I told him on the walkie talkie that he could get over, but then a car sped up really fast to try and pass him so I had to say, "Stop stop! Look out for the car on your left." Now as a result whenever you ask Cora what trucks say, she says, "Stop stop stop! Wait for the cars!"
We stayed the night near Des Moines Iowa in a hotel and my Dad and two brothers met us in the morning for the remainder of the drive. My brother David rode with me to keep Cora company. He, being a 19 year old home for the summer, had not slept at all the entire night before because he stayed up playing video games. He tried to nap several times in the car, but Cora always poked him in the eye and said, "Wake up David! It's not nap time." Haha... he didn't sleep much.
Rob got pulled over by a police officer just outside of Omaha. We all stopped with him (me and Cora in our car and my dad in his car). The officer said he was "swerving" but I was right behind Rob the entire time so I know that he wasn't. They said they just wanted to make sure he wasn't drunk and then they let him go. I'm so glad he didn't get a ticket. That would have been the last thing we needed right now.
We arrived at our new apartment in McCook around 5:30 in the afternoon and unloaded
everything in about an hour. We like the new apartment so far. We took it sight-unseen as I'm a little too pregnant to travel a lot, but we lucked out again (we did the same thing for Milwaukee). It's a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath place on the ground floor. There's a little porch overlooking farm fields. Cora loves to play with the landscaping rocks whenever she goes outside. She fills her little beach pail with them.
We've got a new phone number: 308-345-4133
I should have put our number on the no call list sooner. We've already gotten 10 telemarketing calls in 2 days... it's ridiculous. Rob starts working at the community college on the 17th. We're trying to get fully unpacked before then. We even bought and set up our first washer and dryer. Yay!
We visited our church branch on Sunday, and it's really really really tiny. The building doesn't have a gym, just a classroom with chairs for Sacrament Meeting and one hallway with a few classrooms for the other meetings. It's going to take some getting used to, but everyone was nice and hopefully we'll feel like we fit in soon. We'll update the blog with McCook pics soon.

5 comments:
i'm a little concerned about birds eating chicken nuggets, but then i remembered that it's mcdonalds and ergo not chicken.
cora sounds so cute! good for her for keeping a sleepy david awake. that's what he gets for staying up all night playing video games. :)
I just wrote your new address down and realized that when I first send you mail, I will have the honor of using the abbreviation NE for the first time too. Glad you arrived safely. Welcome to your new home! (p.s. -- Nice view.)
So glad you guys got there safely, the Milwaukee Branch misses you! It looks pretty there!
Good luck in your new home, and good luck to Rob with the new job! I hope to start a Seoul blog soon after we arrive...will let you know. I just found out that I will start teaching classes on September 7th, so I'll have about a week to prepare.
Sounds like you have an even smaller ward than me :). I'm glad that you like your new apartment and that the trip went well. Miss you.
Post a Comment