Sunday, January 31, 2010

Craftiness Part 2

Finn wore his first tie to church today, sort of. Here's my newest project. I really like how it turned out. It worked really well to keep Finn's drool off of his shirt, which was soaked by the end of church last week. I hope he's not teething yet. He'll be 4 months old on February 2nd (which is also Groundhog Day).
I had a hard time getting the bias tape to lay right around the edge since the terry cloth is kind of thick. A friend of mine told me that you're supposed to sew one side on first and then fold it over and do the other side, which makes a lot of sense. I wish my crafty book had suggested that, so next time I hope it turns out better.

3 comments:

Jill Asay said...

I thought it was super cute!! Way to go!!

Kel said...

I like.

Cindy said...

I love the tie! It is sooo cute! (By the way, this is Becky -I'm on mom's account at the moment)