I did intend to make a Christmas post sooner, but unfortunately when we got home I discovered that we have a nasty computer virus on our laptop. I've spent the last three days downloading, running scans, and uninstalling various programs to get rid of it. It's a sneaky nasty hidden virus that 4 or 5 (I've lost track) anti-virus programs and 4 anti-spyware programs can't find. Two rootkit finders have also not revealed it and a google search has given us no answers other than that other people have this virus too and no one has figured out how to get it off. Whenever we go online and click on any links or searches it redirects the webpage to another virus-laden page full of spyware-y nastiness. I'm about ready to reformat the computer and start all over. Luckily all of the things we need are backed up on CDs.
Once I get this all figured out I'll put up some Christmas pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment