Thursday, January 14, 2010

What's for Dinner?

Sushi, that's what. I decided to be adventurous and try something I've always wanted to try- making my own sushi. I had a few Japanese roommates in college and I always liked eating their Japanese food. Tonight I made California rolls which do not have any raw fish in them. Sushi is actually the type of rice, not raw fish. I'm not really ready for making raw fish sushi since it requires ninja-like reflexes and the skills of an artist...or...something. The fish in Nebraska is probably not that fresh, plus I'm not a fan of tapeworms.

Anyway they were awesome. When I asked Rob if he liked them all he would say is, "um... I love you..." Turns out Rob likes neither fish nor seaweed and the combination is not his favorite. Cora was a good sport and gave them a try.
She ended up eating mostly a lot of rice and a few cucumber slices. She spit out the imitation crab and avocado.

If you want to give this a try, there are some really good instructional videos on youtube. Here's one for the sushi rice and here's one for California rolls. Yum!

1 comment:

Jill Asay said...

mmm sounds and looks delicious!