Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a little last minute change of plans this year. We were planning on having dinner at another family's house, but they ended up going out of town. At first I thought I'd just make a turkey for the sake of Thanksgiving, but then at the store I realized that I really would want stuffing to go with the turkey, and you can't have Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.... I ended up making a full meal.

I used Alton Brown's brine recipe. It added a really good flavor. I think it's the best tasting turkey I've ever made, but it was a little dry. It cooked so fast. When it was at the right temperature after only an hour I didn't believe it so I left it in a little longer. The extra time dried it out a bit.
Finn likes pumpkin pie.Cora's festive hair bow.Rob carving the turkey.Finn loves to use his fork like a big boy.

1 comment:

Staci said...

For last minute it looks like you did a really great job with a Thanksgiving meal.