Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas at Nana's

Here in Minnesota they have had some serious snow.  Just in this month they have received 40 inches, with more expected next week.  Cora loves it! 
 Here's the pile they shoveled off the driveway.  Cora calls it her "nest."
 She loves to climb all the way to the top.  We also shoveled up a big pile in the backyard and made a sledding hill for the kids to play on.
 I hope we'll be able to make the drive home. 

Here are the cousins together on Christmas Eve.  Left to right: Uncle Steve, Joseph, Leah, Finn, and Cora.
 Finn was excited to eat our traditional Christmas Eve Weigela Polish dinner.  We had pierogies and fish.  It's a traditionally meatless meal (fish aren't meat I guess).



 Here's the chef, Nana.  I straightened her hair for fun.  It looks so different.  Good different I think.
 Here's Julie's brothers, Thomas and David on Christmas morning.  Thomas is playing his new guitar.
 Julie holding the sleepy kids.
 Cora thinking deep thoughts about her Sing-a-majig toy.
 Finn's new baby laptop.
 And his hotwheels cars.
 Dr. Cora is holding her medical set.
 Finn would not leave the candy canes alone on the Christmas tree.  He didn't let his lack of molars stop him from eating as many as he could grab.
 We bought Smidgen a Christmas present too- a pretty purple sweater.  She actually didn't seem to mind wearing it.
 Nana got some new jammies from Grandpa.
We'll be here a few more days.  I really miss having stores near my house that aren't Walmart, so I've been shopping like crazy. For now I'm off to go sledding in the backyard with the kiddos.

1 comment:

Jill Asay said...

WOw...that's a lot of snow!! looks like a great Christmas! Happy shopping to you...hope you get lots of cool stuff!!