Here's Cora playing veterinarian.
Finn thought this was the coolest toy ever with all of the wooden balls.

Finn is exploring a cloud in the weather area.
Cora is taking a time out and coloring a bit after her mega tantrum at the water table. She didn't want to share the boats. Sadly, this became a theme throughout the next 3 days- ginormous tantrums for seemingly no reason. I even had to take her home in the middle of the Sunday conference session because she just could not be calmed down.
There was a real fire truck to play in.
We had Anika, a girl from church, come with us to Kearney since she needed something to do all day while her family moved to a new place. She was really helpful with the kids.The kids really liked the museum (when they weren't throwing a fit) and I think we'll be back. I also got some much-needed shopping done while we were in town.
--------------------------------
A few days ago I took Cora and Finn to the local farm supply store so they could see the baby chicks. They loved it. The baby chickens are so cute, and the store clerk almost convinced me to bring some home.
There is a variety that is mature within six weeks and she said I could just keep them in my garage and then slaughter them. I just didn't think I could bring myself to do it when the time came, and I already had enough trouble trying to explain death to Cora at the store. There were a couple chicks that were sick or dead and the other chickens were pecking them...ew... Of course my very observant daughter wanted to know why some of the chickens were just laying there.This photo is entitled, "Hey mommy. How come that chick is walking on top of the other baby chick that's not moving?"
Here's Finn proudly exclaiming, "DUCK!" every time he pointed to a chick. He calls all birds "ducks."









1 comment:
Looks like you guys had fun in the "big" city! I didn't know that Kearney had a children's museum but it looks like your kiddos had fun at it!
Post a Comment