Sunday, December 11, 2011

What happens when kids are left to their own devices?

Sometimes people ask me how I have time to make crafty stuff.  Usually I make things when the kids go to sleep, but sometimes kids get ignored while I finish up a quick project or while I am looking at things online. 

This is what happened the other day when Finn was alone for 5 minutes.
He climbed into the pantry, opened up the flour bucket and played "it's snowing," (or so I imagine).  I didn't know he did this until he came downstairs and climbed into my lap, all covered in flour.  I followed his flour hand prints up the stairs and he showed me his handiwork.  I'm pretty sure he threw handfuls of flour over his head, because every shelf and every object in the pantry was coated with flour.

Did you know flour will clog the filter in bag-less vacuums?  I know now.

No comments: