Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ivy's First Birthday

Here's my birthday girl in her little outfit.  I made her a tutu with pom poms in it along with her "1" shirt.

Things little Ivy can do:
-climb up stairs
-walk
-say dada, uh oh, this, yeah, no, dolly (da-ee) and peekaboo (dee-doo)
-baby sign "eat"
-point to things she wants
-answer little questions (usually she says no to every question unless you ask if she wants to eat)

We went to the Dr. yesterday, so I have her stats:
Weight: 24lbs 11oz (96%)
Height: 30 1/2 inches (90%)
Head: 18 1/8 inches (80%)
She also got her chicken pox, hep A and B, and MMR shots (4 shots! poor baby! one in each appendage).  I wasn't sure if we should give them to her since both Cora and Finn had fevers the day before and I didn't want poor Ivy to get sick on top of vaccinations, but so far so good.  The Dr. said it should be OK.  Maybe breastfeeding her is still helping her immune system

We had a little birthday party for her.  Cora and Finn blew out her candle, and daddy helped her open her presents.







She kind of ate her cupcake.  Mostly she picked off the frosting.

I was proud of how the big cake turned out.  
Normally my cakes are ugly but I tried really hard on this one. She had a funfetti white cake with sprinkles and cream cheese frosting (because it's the only frosting I like!).


 I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up.

No comments: