Friday, August 27, 2010

Around the House

Finn is getting bigger. He's still got the cute baby chunky legs, but I think they will be gone soon now that he's walking everywhere. He's sporting a pair of Babylegs leggings which I love. Rob's not sure how he feels about his son wearing "tights" but they do make diaper changes easier. Here he is enjoying some light reading- The Aeneid. He still hasn't learned to leave the book shelves alone and I'm too stubborn to take all the books off and baby proof it.

Decorating
I've finally gotten around to putting some things in our formal living room upstairs. This is the room you first see when you walk into the house. The colors are a little off from the camera flash, but you get the idea. We got some pretty chairs on overstock.com and I got an idea from a Pottery Barn catalog to hang up some empty picture frames. I might eventually hang some things inside of them as I find things that I like. I also painted the little table between the chairs to match the frames. It was a little ugly before but it was a free gift from a furniture store for moving to McCook. It has a nice marble top, so now it fits in a little better. I need to find some things to put in the pot on the table since the ivy that was in there was killed by a fungus that actually sprouted mushrooms in the dirt.

And for mostly grandparent entertainment, here's a video of our little walker. Look at those little chubby legs go!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

That's amazing walking! I keep thinking Elliot is going to take off any day now, but he's nowhere near that balanced and ready to walk. And great decorating...very cute!

Jill Asay said...

Yay for Finn! I love to watch little people when they first start walking...it's too dang cute! Love your new picture frames...they look great!