She's actually 3 weeks old in this picture, but she's only a few days away from a month old. I'm pretty sure in this picture that this isn't an actual smile yet, (she did that today for the first time though!). I think she was just making a noise or something and I caught it in the middle.
We didn't have a one month checkup for Ivy. I don't know if that's a new thing because I think I remember having one with my other two kids, but she won't have to go until 2 months this time. So... we weighed her ourselves on our bathroom scale and she's about 11 lbs now. I haven't stretched her out to measure how long she is yet, but I'll do that some time soon.
She is more alert now and awake more often. She's kind of fussy when she's awake a lot- not a full out cry, but lots of grunting and fussing. At night she's sleeping 2-3 hours, and most of the time she refuses to sleep in her bassinet next to our bed, which makes it hard for us to get any sleep, but that's life with a newborn.
We love our little Ivy!
No comments:
Post a Comment