Tuesday, September 3, 2013

End of the Hot summer

Summer should be over, but it's still close to 100 degrees every day for the last week.  We decided it was time to try picking our grapes.  On a whim last year I bought a Himrod grape plant at Walmart, thinking it would be fun to have grapes, but also thinking I've heard they are super hard and complicated to grow.  So I planted it in a corner of our yard where it can grow up our wooden fence and kind of left it to do its thing.  I watered it a bit, but by the end of last summer I thought it might die.  But this year it took off and grew up the fence.  It even produced 4 clusters of grapes that were surprisingly good tasting.  I thought it would take a few years to get fruit but we already made our money back on the fruit we picked this year.  I didn't even spray the plant like all the websites say you have to.  Yay for (almost) organic grapes!
 We pulled out the kiddie pool this week after school when it was 105 outside.  Time to cool off!  Ivy crawls right over to the pool and tries to get in, which is kind of scary since she can totally drown in there, so I had to keep a close eye on them playing.  Ivy is my little water baby.  She LOVES the water.
 Cora and Finn went to a birthday party and brought home a party mask.  We put it on Ivy and took a couple of shots of the Cutest Avenger Ever!
How shall I save the world today?


No comments: