Finn wanted a space party for his birthday, so we started out by making space suits out of paper bags.

Then we did a pinata. I actually really dislike doing them (who needs kids hitting stuff and fighting over candy?) but a friend gave us this one months ago and Finn has been looking forward to doing it, so we did. I think the 3rd kid knocked it off the string, and then after that it was hard to hit, so we eventually just dumped candy on the ground.
Here's Finn's friend Leo taking a swing.
Next we ate cake (a cookie cake). I ordered it from Walmart because I'm just not good at making cakes and they take so much time. We told them to "make it look like space" so they kind of made an Earth-like thing with a moon-like thing behind it (or so Finn says). It was pretty tasty. We also had bits of astronaut ice cream to try, but most kids didn't like it much. Finn's friend Jackson was the only one that wanted more.
Then we went to space! We took everything out of our toy room and covered the walls in black tablecloths. We put up glowing stars, and had a black light to make everything glowy. It was really hard to get a photo in there.
My favorite part was the rocks we painted with glow paint. I thought they looked really cool.
I took this picture after so you can kind of see what it looked like. We put an old crib mattress in there for kids to jump on and we had a play tent to climb in. It was kind of crazy with all 9 kids running around in there, but I expected it to be crazy.
Then we opened presents. Finn got all of his favorite things. Iron Man, Super man, Star Wars Legos, City Legos, Ninja Turtles, Imaginext guys (from us), and Spiderman.
And lastly, we're pretty sure we got all of the plastic tablecloth bits out of Ivy's mouth, but she sure got a good bite of it before we noticed. She was out of Cheerios, and Rob noticed she was still chewing on something and found a bunch of it in her mouth! Yuck!
Finn is so excited to be four just like his friend Savannah.











1 comment:
That looks like one out of this world party! I love the idea of having a space room for the kids to run around in! Great ideas.
Post a Comment