Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ivy at 15 Months Old


We had a doctor's appointment recently, so here are her stats:

Height: 31 3/4 " (around 80-90th percentile) I've had a few people ask me if she's a 2-year-old.
Weight: 25lbs 7 oz (around 80th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 1/4 (50th percentile)

She's starting to look more toddler-ish and less baby-ish lately, especially when we put ponytails in her hair. 

Things she says:
de-dah-do (peekaboo)
Da da
daddie
hello (whenever the phone rings or microwave beeps she yells hello and makes sure we hear it)
Dollie (she loves her doll)
I
This (means milk or anything she's pointing to)
out
down
shoes
yay
whoa
ut-oh (when she drops anything, especially a shoe)

Her saying "I" is a new thing, and I think it might be because she's starting to say her name.  Sometimes it sounds like I-ee.  In the store the other day she spent the whole time saying " I I I I I" over and over and singing DA-da, DA-da, DA-da.

She's still nursing.  I'm not sure when we'll stop since she loves it so much.

She has started sleeping better than she used to, but in the last few days she wakes up more often, probably because her last top front molar is coming in.  Generally she goes to sleep by 8 and wakes up at 5, cries until she falls back asleep until 6-6:30 when she's up for the day.  If she would just sleep until 7 it would be so much better.  She's down to just one nap most days, and it's usually just an hour or so.  Still this is better than Finn, who didn't sleep well until he was 3 years old, so I'll take what I can get.

No comments: